Freight to Business | Curbside Service or Loading Dock Delivery
“Freight to Business” is a shipping option for a 3rd party freight carrier to transport your palletized coop to your commercially zoned address and off loading your pallet, “curbside” or to a loading dock. It is the responsibility of the customer to verify that a potential 53ft freight truck can deliver to your address. You can do so by calling your local zoning or highway department to verify.
Things to consider:
1-Freight to Business is to a commercially zoned address, not necessarily a home business.
2-CURBSIDE SERVICE ONLY OR LOADING DOCK ONLY. The driver is not required to or liable to back into a driveway or deliver your pallet any further than Curbside or Loading Dock
3- Do you need lift-gate service for curbside service or do you have a forklift and or loading dock?
4-The customer is responsible for moving the pallet from “curbside” in a reasonable amount of time. Each city/town tolerance is different.
5-If there are any fees assessed based on incorrect determination of accessibility of the truck or additional services by customer request, these will be billed to the customer by Carolina Coops and due on receipt, post delivery.
INSPECT YOUR PALLET BEFORE SIGNING FOR IT!
If your pallet is NOT neat looking like these, wrapped in black shrink wrap, please document the damage on the delivery receipt in front of the driver BEFORE SIGNING.
You must take pictures and send them to Carolina Coops within 24hrs so that we may file an insurance claim on your behalf and get you replacement parts as soon as possible.
This is VERY time sensitive!
This is a truck with a lift-gate to deliver curbside if requested
This is a loading dock where a truck can off-load without a lift-gate.
- Carolina Coops will contact you to let you know that your coop is complete in the build and packing process and is ready to ship. At this time, we will send a final invoice with final shipping costs according to the final weight and dimensions of your exact pallet to be shipped.
- Once the final invoice is paid in full, Carolina Coops will schedule the pick up of your pallet for transit. Depending on the day and time of final payment, sometimes we can schedule same day pick up, most are scheduled for the next business day.
- Carolina Coops will forward carrier and tracking information on your paid invoice.
- Carolina Coops will send photos of your pallet along with any other supporting information needed for the receipt of your new Carolina Coop.
- Depending on the type of business or location, the carrier may or may not call ahead if receiving hours are assumed.
- An adult must be available and prepared to inspect and sign for the freight.
- Inspect the pallet thoroughly, referencing the photos that were sent to you. If anything looks out of place, note it on the receipt before singing and take pictures if needed for an insurance claim. All pallets are fully insured for the full invoiced price.
- IF there is damage- Take photos of damage and make notes on the delivery receipt PRIOR to signing. Call Carolina Coops immediately and forward all photos and details so that we may file a claim within the allotted time frame of 24hrs ONLY.
Carolina Coops™ is not liable for any additional charges, handling, storage or other fees after the pallet has left our location. Carolina Coops™ is not liable for any damages to the pallet or personal property during transit, pick up or unloading process. It is the customers responsibility to confirm the delivery address on the invoice, prior to shipping.
Pallets/coop should be removed from curbside immediately and protected from weather.